Should I get a Mold Inspection?
Definitely YES, if you are planning on purchasing a newer or used home, or answer “Yes” to any one of the following questions:
- Is there a “musty” smell in your home or building?
- Are there visible signs of water damage anywhere?
- Does the property have a wet basement or is prone to dampness?
- Has the property ever had roof leaks?
- Has the property ever had a plumbing leak?
- Does the property have a crawlspace?
- Do you have any allergic symptoms of Mold? Sneezing, runny or itchy nose, watering or itchy eyes, respiratory symptoms (such as wheezing and coughing), asthma attacks
Purchasing a Home
As a new buyer in Delaware County, Chester County or anywhere in the Philadelphia area, you may not know the complete water intrusion history of the property or any other past mold related problems. Don’t buy your home without a Mold Inspection!
What if Mold is Not Visible?
- Many homes are “cleaned up” prior to listing them on the market. Crawlspaces, Basements, and even Attics are cleared out of contents and debris that may have sat for years.
- Mold and other contaminants commonly grow on contents in these unconditioned or damp areas. During the process of removing this “stuff”, mold is disturbed which can heavily contaminate these areas with mold spore deposits that are not visible to the naked eye, but can cause allergies and promote future mold growth.
- Basically, just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean that its not there. But it can’t hide from a microscope!
Call us, Breathe easy – about your biggest investment.
Just because you can’t see the mold growth doesn’t mean it is not there. Our mold inspectors are trained to use many techniques and various types equipment to expose surface growth and detect airborne mold spore contamination. Many home owners and home buyers are surprised when they see how much growth “wasn’t there”. The inspector will also investigate the source of the problem and will check for additional water intrusion issues.
How long does it take to get results?
Standard turn around time for sample results from the laboratory is 2 to 3 workdays from date of testing.
However, INX is aware that in many real estate transactions, “timing is critical”. To meet the needs of our clients, we offer 24/7 Inspection Service to get the samples to the Lab as quickly as possible. When necessary, we can RUSH the laboratory samples up to “same day” results. We also have a 24 Hour Turnaround for those REAL Emergencies.
Choosing the right Mold Inspector is extremely important. A proper inspection requires extensive investigation and attention to detail as well as a thorough knowledge of water intrusion issues and mold remediation protocols.
The right mold inspector not only reports a mold issue, they also provide information on why it is there, the source of the problem, what needs to be done to correct it, and the remediation costs. We provide all the answers necessary to make an informed decision to protect your family and property.
We promise to give you our very best and will be privileged to inspect your existing or new home.
- Member of National Association of Mold
- Certified Remediators and Inspectors
- Member of Suburban West Realtors Association
- Member of Indoor Air Quality Association
- Use state-of-the-art testing equipment
- Fully Insured for our clients “peace of mind”
- Privately owned and operated.