The purpose of the Dryer Exhaust system is to remove hot moist air from your dryer. During the drying process, fibers from clothes and linens, also called “lint”, break away from the fabric. Heavier lint particles are collected in the dryer lint trap. However, smaller lint particulate are always passing through to the exhaust ductwork. Over time, lint sticks to the duct surface and begins to build up. As lint buildup gets heavier, airflow is restricted and causes dryer efficiency to be dramatically reduced. After significant buildup, “chunks” of lint can breakaway causing heavy to total clogging of the exhaust system. Restricted exhaust causes the dryer to heat up significantly, which leads to dryer breakdown or even FIRE!
Commercial Dryer Exhaust System Cleaning
Commercial Dryer Exhaust System Cleaning is performed with the one fundamental goal: To save lives by preventing fires. There are many great reasons to keep a facility’s Dryer Exhaust System cleaned and maintained, but saving lives is the ultimate goal.
Benefits of Thorough Dryer Exhaust System Cleaning
- Lower Energy Costs – Clean equipment runs better and more efficiently.
- Lower Maintenance Costs – Clean equipment breaks down less than dirty equipment.
- Improve Ventilation – Dirty systems exhaust less. This can lead to high humidity in Laundry Rooms and can cause system blow-outs leaving lint residue on all surfaces and equipment.
Call INX today for a FREE Assessment of your Commercial Dryer Exhaust.
What is done during an assessment?
- System Inspection – We take a thorough look at your equipment and system from the Dryer Equipment through the ductwork and up to the exhaust fan. We look for system integrity, cleanliness, accessibility, and design.
- Laundry Facility Inspection – We review the your laundry load and procedures, operation times, and equipment.
- The Plan – Once we understand your Commercial Laundry operation and your system capabilities, we develop the most economical cleaning plan and schedule to maintain a safe and efficient Laundry that stays within your budget.
- The First Cleaning – When you are ready, we perform the first cleaning. Most of our clients have never seen their systems so clean. We specialize in the WOW Factor!
- The Execution – We spend as much time as necessary (regardless of cost to INX) during the first cleaning to remove all the “caked on”lint from years of substandard cleaning.
- Moving Forward – We then write a Project Report to document your Cleaning Frequency Procedures, Contacts, job information, disposal policies, and anything else we need to know to do it right on-time, every time.
Our ultimate goal to give you the best and most hassle-free service available today!
The initial inspection and report IS ON US! It is a $500 value absolutely FREE! And there is no catch! If you’re not completely satisfied with our services, the inspection report is totally FREE! No Charge! No Strings!
INX offers Services Contracts in 1, 3, and 5 year packages that will save you money and automate cleaning, so you can leave it to us and focus on other priorities
Dryer Exhaust System Cleaning Procedure
The basic Dryer Exhaust System Cleaning Procedure is as follows:
- Set up Laundry Areas to prepare for cleaning.
- Install collection sock on exterior exhaust duct to catch lint.
- Disconnect exhaust ductwork at dryer connections.
- HEPA Clean exhaust duct from base of dryer exhaust port to exhaust fan.
- HEPA Clean dryer exhaust port, lint trap, and accessible components.
- After cleaning, reconnect exhaust duct, restore laundry room area, and check for proper operation.
TYPICAL CLEANING FREQUENCY – Guideline for Inspection
Commercial Laundering Facilities = 30/60 Days
Hotel & Hospitals = 60/90 Days
Nursing Homes = 60/120 Days
Note: Above mentioned Dryer Exhaust cleaning frequencies are suggestions. Frequency depends on the system and amount of laundry performed. Inspection is the only tool to determine if your exhaust is ready for cleaning.
Finally , taking good care of your Commercial Dryer Exhaust system is not only the smart thing to do, it’s the right thing to do.
Call us. Breathe Easy.
Call us today! 610-692-7374
Residential Dryer Exhaust System Cleaning
The NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) estimates 15,000 house fires that occur in the United States each year due to clogged dryer exhaust vents. This results in lives lost and property ruined and all for something so easy and inexpensive to prevent.
Everything starts with Inspection and Assessment. A quick assessment by a cleaning service technician is sufficient before they perform cleaning. The technician will evaluate the type of duct, length of duct, and the design of the exhaust system. The technician will clean the existing system and recommend a periodic cleaning schedule as well as any changes that will make your system safer or more energy efficient. A quick or simple change to the duct or layout can mean big savings in energy efficiency, quicker drying times and a longer dryer lifespan. In this economy, every dollar counts. Let us help you keep more dollars in your pocket.